You like snacks. More specifically, you like chips. But you struggle to balance your desire for delicious crunchy goodness with eating healthily. (And by “you,” I of course mean “me.”)
Enter The Better Chip. They’re made with few ingredients that are actually recognizable, are gluten-free and vegan-friendly, and are non-GMO Project verified. What also makes these chips stand out is the use of whole foods baked right into the corn chip base; I spied part of a kale stalk in one of my chips, so they’re legit.
I’ve tried all The Better Chip flavors: corn, beets, spinach & kale, chipotles, and jalapenos. I like them all, though beets doesn’t have as much flavor as the others. Chipotles and jalapenos are spicy — remember, the peppers are baked right in! — so watch out. The chips are a bit on the heavy side but are still crispy, so they make for a good nacho base.
Speaking of nachos, The Better Chip has come up with some World Cup-themed recipes that you can enjoy while watching the games (most of these teams are still in contention, too!):
- Germany Kraut Nachos: The Better Chip beet chips topped with sauerkraut, finely diced bratwurst, diced bacon and drizzle of brown mustard
- Ghana Tatale Nachos: The Better Chip chipotle chips topped with grilled marinated beef, fried sweet plantains and fresh baby spinach, sprinkled with unsweetened coconut
- Greek Salad Nachos: The Better Chip spinach & kale chips topped with hummus, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives and feta cheese (grilled lamb optional)
- Japanese Sashimi Nachos: The Better Chip jalapeno chips topped with chopped up yellow tail, diced avocado and a drizzle of wasabi-infused soy sauce
- Mexico Authentic Nachos: The Better Chip chipotle chips topped with marinated carne asada, pinto beans, crumbled queso fresco, cilantro and guacamole
- Brazilian Samba Nachos: The Better Chip corn chips topped with feijoada (Brazilian black bean and meat stew) and a fresh mango, onion, cilantro and tomato lime salsa
- American Hawaii Style Nachos: The Better Chip jalapeno chips topped with pulled pork, grilled pineapple and a drizzle of melted cheese
Even if you’re not into soccer, these recipes would make for some fun international-themed party eats. I even made some satisfying gringo-style nachos with the chipotle chips topped with melted shredded cheddar cheese, refried beans and salsa (don’t judge — it’s all I had in my fridge), so anything is possible.
Note: These chips were complimentary.